A number of options are available to you in order to gain nursing experience. A great way to quickly gain experience is to become a Certified Nurse’s Assistant (CNA).
Also, each summer the North Dakota PIN Gerontology Consortium hosts a nursing summer camp specifically for rural high school students in North Dakota. To learn more about the nursing summer camp.
- Practice good study habits and test taking skills.
- Take rigorous high school courses that include english, chemistry, biology, algebra, physics, psychology and computers/technology
- Graduating from high school with 3.5-4.0 GPA is important.
- Volunteer in a health care setting to get hands on experience.
- Consider becoming a Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA).